Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Black and white lovin'

bodie house
Cameron's making a darkroom for me in his garage. Now that I have my scanner and my internet I should be all set to post post post all my photos and drive myself insane in the process.
tomato cage
Last night as my roommate Timmy and my Boyfriend Cameron were watching 30 days of nights I sat on my Mac and scanned a shit ton of photos. A lot of which where my old B&W stuff from when I had a darkroom. It got me super excited about the prospect of being able to develop and print again.
cazy dog
I've realized that digital is unfulfilling (changed from "has no soul,") and it's not something I should be using up my art on.
Black and white loving all the way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think its silly to say "digital has no soul." its like that line, "drum machines have no soul." the soul doesnt come from the equipment, but rather the photographer. great cameras dont take great pictures. great photographers take great pictures, digital, or film. youre an excellent photographer, in digital, or film, color, or black & white!

Jesi Jean said...

Ok maybe "no soul" is not the right term. I think maybe unfulfilling is a better term, and I mean that as a personal statement and not as a representation for all photographers, and photography.
I have personally found it more of an accomplishment for me to work with my hands in all aspects of shooting, developing and printing my photographs.