Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Holga

Finally got a flash and 5 rolls of velvia slide film for my Holga.

I also found a place about 20+ miles away that will cross process my slide film. Amazing! You think that living in LA I would find something closer.

It pisses me off a little. I try not to be too mad these days. I want to let things go or I'll end up having terrible health problems forever.

I hate that I go to a small 1 hour photo and they tell me that i should go digital. "You can do so many different things and it's so much easier!"

When did I ever say I wanted it to be easy. If it was easy I'd stop. As soon as the challenge is gone I get disinterested. I don't want perfect lighting and unlimited ISO. I want to work with what i have and If only one picture comes out amazing then It's one amazing picture and not 200 pictures of boring!

I have regressed (as so many would call it) to film because I want ritual, I want interaction, tangibility, process and the inevitability of excitement!

They say it's inevitable that film will be obsolete, I say, If film ever becomes obsolete that's like saying paint will become obsolete to digital media!

I do not want to be part of that. I refuse.

No comments: