Monday, July 28, 2008

Smoke and mirrors but no smoke

So the art show was a success.

The smoke machine didn't work though. Hence the tittle but it was still awesome.

There was a huge turnout, we even had the token wino passed out on the sidewalk in front of the gallery, and the person that i wanted to come most of all (Byron) came, everyone else I invited either didn't show witch is cool (I know people are scarred to drive to downtown) or did show but only hung out for a little bit because the Alcohol ran out (priorities.) Best thing about that was someone went out and bought a bunch more.

But anyway, the art show created hype (we all got really great feedback,) brought people together, and gave us all a great sense of accomplishment. Nick and Erik did a great job putting it together and Kendall is a Saint for letting us invade his art gallery.

Molly From Vivi Dot also made us some kick ass pins to hand out at the show. I will take pictures and post some of those soon too.

Hopefully I will have some pictures to post soon. I took some with my Holga and new Holga flash!
This should become an annual thing though I expect that this has lit a spark of creativity between all of us and I presume that we will be putting other gallery shows together, this time with more art and more more more.

Bette also took some pictures on her Blog. I would check them out if you want to see some pictures of the art on the walls and such.

Here are two pictures I showed since I don't have pictures of the gallery opening to show right now.




No comments: